cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandomBot
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello!

I'm trying to add a button to an interface and call an automation on click, according to this guide it should be possible, however when I try to follow the steps I face this problem:

Supposedly the button should have the action option "Run automation" as shown in this picture:

RandomBot_0-1681915088602.png

However when I add a button to my interface that option is not present, as seen in this picture:

RandomBot_1-1681915162046.png

Any help with this issue would be appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah I see, yeah, you're on a List Interface and clicking on the "Add button action" button?

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 2.03.24 PM.png

To have the "Run automation" action you'll need to add it via "Add elements", which you can't do via a List interface

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 2.03.16 PM.png

Try creating a blank interface and adding the button and you should see the run automatio action.  Then try adding a List element in there to see whether that works for you?

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hmm, long shot, but do you think it could be a permissions issue?  I notice you don't have any of the options for data editing:

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 4.55.35 PM.png

Could you provide a screenshot of the entire Interface as well? Seems weird that you're missing so many options actually

RandomBot

Hey, thanks for your answer!

I don't think that's the reason as I have the same problem in a workspace that I'm the owner of.

Here is a picture of the full interface:

RandomBot_0-1682435466970.png

It's weird how you have so many more option on the button

Ah I see, yeah, you're on a List Interface and clicking on the "Add button action" button?

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 2.03.24 PM.png

To have the "Run automation" action you'll need to add it via "Add elements", which you can't do via a List interface

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 2.03.16 PM.png

Try creating a blank interface and adding the button and you should see the run automatio action.  Then try adding a List element in there to see whether that works for you?

Hey, thank you very much, that was exactly it!

Hi!

Could you please clarify? I have the exact same problem except that I did add the button independently through the 'add elements' path. I don't have any options. Do I have to add the button as an element to a blank interface before I add anything else, i.e. I cannot use an interface template if I want a button to work and run an automation? I would have to choose the blank canvas in the layout? The only problem is I am pretty sure I did choose the blank canvas when I chose the layout and the button still doesn't work. Thanks in advance!

Ella_0-1690312207400.png

Ella_1-1690312268130.png

Ella_2-1690312806293.png

Try adding a record picker element to your blank canvas, should fix your issue