1211 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jody_Southworth
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking at switching my customer contact database from access to airtables, but need to know if there is a way to do a mail merge where you create mailing labels. each week i need to send between 20-50 different customers items by mail.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Jody_Southworth-Brow
You should be able to do this easily with Airtable.

Have a table that is your Mailing label details columns for Name, Address, Address2, City, State, Zip. lets be smart and add a column that is Single Select named Status with Active and Inactive as options.

Install the Page Designer app to the base.

Create a new view in the contacts Table, with a filter to only view Status = Active

Configure the Page Designer app by adding the Fields from Contacts and arranging them the way you want. Set the settings Page size to the size of your labels. And set the view to the new active view.

When you print, it will print each record as a label.

For sure! As @Vivid-Squid said, you can create a template in the Page Designer app.

If you need more design options and want to automate it, our On2Air Actions app works directly with Airtable and connects to Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets.

Here’s an example of a contract document created using Airtable data.

Welcome to the Airtable community!

As others have mentioned, the Page Designer app is a great place to start. It can be a bit finicky to get sizes and margins to work right, but once setup, it works quite well.

If you will have slightly different customers to merge each time, you will want to investigate how to filter different views, so that a view shows only the customers you want. Then have the Page Designer app use the records in the filtered view.

If you have a system where it is easy to filter customers based on record values, you can do that. If you need more one-off processing to determine who should go in that week’s mail merge, I usually use a checkbox field to drive the filter. Then I just select the checkbox for whomever I want to include. (For one base, I also also supplement the checkbox with some scripts to make it easier to select batches of people, but that is probably more than you need right now.)