Help

Sudden critical issues with Airtable (Forms and Automations)

Topic Labels: Automations Base design
3783 15
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albert
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Greetings,

Maybe somebody is facing something similar starting today? When trying to submit a form the following error appears (below).  There were no changes to the Base. Also, the same started to happen to an older (4-5 months old) version of the same base. To add more, one of our automations started to act up - We have an automation which fills in 2 "single-select" fields, where the second field is a limited view depending on the first field. This error comes in "invalid item in array cell: foreign record is invalid: row is not visible in column view restriction". Both of these issues appeared out of nowhere. We do have only 1 GB and 10,000 records left in the plan (also tried to making some more to see if that help - it doesn't), but it doesn't seem like it can be an issue. 

"Cannot process form submission

Oh no! Somebody made changes to the structure of this form after you loaded it. You'll need to refresh this page to submit your form responses, but when you refresh the page, the information you’ve already entered here will be not be saved.

If you’d like to save anything you've written, please copy and paste your text responses somewhere else (like a word processor) before refreshing the page."

15 Replies 15
Eric_McFetridge
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Also experiencing similar issue starting yesterday (Feb 1). An automated script that has been working flawlessly for months now returns

"Error: invalid item in array cell: foreign record is invalid: row is not visible in column view restriction."

I have went through every single view and made the field of interest visible as a possible workaround, but have had no luck solving the problem. The form I tested worked fine though.

Interestingly, when the issue was first occurring it would throw a "Refresh this page" error whenever I tried to link to another record. That seems to have been solved but my script still fails for no valid reason.

Albert
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, we did identify where the issue started to surface. Our situation:

We have:
a) Single Select (just a list from another Table)
b) Single Select (with a filtered view). And that filtered view is changing depending on first Single Select. And then, when I’m adding a) and b) via a single automation, it adds value for a), but then the options for b) don’t get in time to be populated and the automation tries to push in the value, which gets rejected.


So in order to resolve business critical problem, we had to simplify our processes and get rid of filtered view for b), and it started to work (though with degrated processes now)

Eric_McFetridge
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for your input! I was able to find the root of our problem. I had a restriction on linking to a record only in a specific view (that has never been an issue before) but removing this has allowed things to start working again. Nonetheless this is an Airtable issue, I believe. Must have to do with a slowdown in views refreshing or something.

Thanks for posting your solution, it really helped me!

Albert
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks! And yes, I think Airtable attempted to do a some kind of optimization (maybe running assignment to cells in parallel, instead of sequential assignments), which is causing this issue now.

 

Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Having this same issue on an automation workflow. I do have, "Limit record selection to a view" but I can't just turn it off. It's essential to my workflow that users can only pick from a selection but that the automation can assign a value that is not available in that selection. Hope this is a bug and not a sudden and intentional change on Airtable's part.

Yes we were lucky and our automation is always linking the records without user intervention, so I was able to turn this off. I expect it is a bug that will be solved. Interestingly, it was an issue for us for about 10 minutes at first and then returned to normal. Then a few hours later it started happening again and continued to be an issue until the next day when I made the change to the restrictions. The fact that it was intermittent at first makes me think it is a bug and not intentional.

Thanks for the guidance. I looked through all my linked records in specific view, and my automation starts again. frankly i dont know what I did right or wrong. All was fine just a coupe of hours ago.   

That's interesting. My automation is triggered by a fairly infrequent status change so could've been days before I'd noticed. I've emailed enterprise support to ask if this is a bug or intentional and will report back when I hear anything.

Enterprise support just got back to me saying:

"We've had a couple reports of this issue and the team is currently investigating. You have already come across the workaround (removing the restriction) but we understand that this is ofcourse not ideal."