Help

Is it possible to templatize a View that can be duplicated?

Topic Labels: Base design
1493 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric_S
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Essentially, I have a custom view – “January '22” – it has a standard # of records that I’m going to use in “February '22” as well, except all the entries in the fields will change.

I can’t for the life of me figure this out, as I know I have to actually duplicate all the records (as if I duplicate the view, it won’t create new records).

Has anyone solved this?

1 Reply 1
Williams_Innova
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Eric_S,

When you hover your cursor over a View name, you should see a drop down arrow on the right. Click that and there should be an option called “Duplicate view.”

Once that is done, you will have to change the filter setting to the specific needs of the new view. In this case, it sounds like a specific date.

I do have a question though. Are you looking to set up a view that shows specific dates (ie: January 22) or a number of days in the past (ie: 30, 60, 90 days or 1, 2, 3 months)? The reason I ask is it may be worth considering a date range or days in the past so you can always have your views set (meaning you don’t have to add or edit them) and the records simply fill the appropriate view each month. Not sure if your application is right for it though. Just want to you to have less management work every month.

Chris

Hope this helps.