Help
Base Design
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

About the Base design category

Ask questions about setting up your Airtable base. For support materials about best practices for base design, click here.

Jason by Airtable Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

One-on-one Meeting Relationships

Am I able to link two records in the same table together? I have two tables called “Contacts” and “Attendance” Each meeting, I record attendance and which contact meeting with who since the last meeting Each new meeting is identified by date and the ...

Resolved! How to create a unique id Using a formula in the primary field

Hi friends, I’m new to Airtable A friend recommended this tool to me because of its adaptability to create data collections without the need for a custom tool. I have the following doubts, after I checked the airtable help tool create formula in the ...

faiberts by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
Solved
  • 7 replies
  • 13 kudos

Setting up base to look for trends over time

Hi! I am attempting to create a base in Airtable where we can keep track of website data analytics and trends over time as well as tie it back to major page updates and changes. I believe I have a solid understanding of how to create a table for our ...

How do I make one table update another table?

I’m going to be really specific. I will have a medal tally which I want to be updated by many different event tables. These event tables will basically have an empty field to put in the winners’ name. Then depending on which fields are selected for G...

Aaron_Ah_Yuk by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 11 replies
  • 5 kudos

Linking across multiple tables using the same fields

Hello, Here’s some preliminary information to help you help me I have four tables within one base: Companies (primary field: Company Name)Articles (primary field: Article Title)Topics (primary field: Topic Name)Authors (primary field: Author Name) I...

gabriel by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Estimates with multiple products/ Multiple Products with Multiple qtys

Hey all, I’m trying to create an estimating tool that pulls pricing details from one base and sums them together. I have 10 “item” fields and 10 “quantity” fields. The item field is linked. The goal is to select the item, enter a qty and then get one...

Greg_Noonan by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
Solved
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Linking one to many with rollup

I am not sure why I can’t get my head around something that I think is easy but: I have a table of Videos that we air on a cable channel. One of the fields in the table (not the primary field) is a code# the station gives us. Each month, they send me...

Multiple one to many relationships

Hi there, For an upcoming conference, people submitted around 150 abstracts. Each one has been reviewed, with a numeric score and optional text content. So each abstract is a singular thing, with one average score. But each abstract has multiple comm...

John_Bakum by 4 - Data Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos