Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Start calendar view on mondays

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Reinis_Ozols
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,
I tried to change browser language, location and computer settings, but calendar weeks still starts with sunday. Computers calendar starts with monday automatically, but airtables still starts with sunday

30 Comments
Ivan_Malik
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
this is default behaviour of Airtable and there is no option to change it at the moment. We are desperately waiting for this simple option as in real production environment constant checking of the day of the week slows you down.
So, if there is any Airtable developer around โ€“ please add this to app preferences.

Admin_CMV

Found this little workaround : Remove 1 day to the date time format.

Hope this help.

DATETIME_FORMAT(DATEADD({Date ID}, -1, โ€˜daysโ€™),โ€˜wโ€™)

Edward_Grenzig
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

CMV-I also want my calendar view to start with Monday. Where do I enter this formula to try it?

Cynthia_Weiner
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! Is this being worked on? I too need to be able to start my calendar on Mondaysโ€ฆthanks!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Please email support@airtable.com about adding this into the product. About 50% of the worldโ€™s countries (including all of Europe) start their calendar weeks on Mondays (instead of Sundays), and another 10-20% of the worldโ€™s countries start their calendar weeks on Saturdays (instead of Sundays). It would be great for Airtable to support these countries.

Celila
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Europe starts their weeks on Monday, I think you confused the days of the week in your post.

Changing the calendar view to start the weeks on Monday was no problem. The solution with the language local of the browser works here.

But yes, the actual calendar of the date field to add a date to a field still starts with Sunday. Itโ€™s very frustrating and making mistakes and choosing the wrong date is so easy >_<

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Oops, I did mean Monday in my post! I just changed it. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Christiaan_West

Yep, not working here either. I have an iphone here configured in/as Dutch. A date picker in an Airtable form in its Safari browser shows Sundays first. So easy to pick the wrong date now for unsuspecting users.

Christiaan_West

Everybody, we need your help! Can you please fill out this Airtable form in your browser and register the first day you see in the date pickers?

JavierGO
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Up.
Regardless of browser or computer settings, Airtable still shows Sunday as the first day when picking a date. Itโ€™s so weird to see that behaviour here in Europe. It even seems like a bug in Airtable.

After years, Iโ€™m still wishing the option of starting weeks on Mondays gets implemented one dayโ€ฆ

Captura de pantalla 2021-10-06 a las 10.38.10