Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Airtable Changed Color Function in Page Designer Base

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Brandon_Sturgil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Appears Airtable has changed the ability to retain standard or custom text colors for font in the Page Designer Block? WTF? Am I missing something or is standardization of font colors and retaining custom colors no longer an option?

4 Comments
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Are you referring to a change in the color picker dialog in Page Designer? I donโ€™t use Page Designer regularly, so if thereโ€™s been a change to that color picker UI, I wouldnโ€™t notice it. If thatโ€™s not what youโ€™re referring to, could you please share more detail about what youโ€™re trying to do, and what output youโ€™re getting (or not getting) by doing so? The more detail you can provide, the more easily we can help.

Brandon_Sturgil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey Justin, thanks for the replyโ€ฆyes, the color picker has changed completely (in the Blockโ€ฆjust noticed I said Base in the post). The old setup permitted the user to select a color and add favoritesโ€ฆit was basically like using word/PPTโ€ฆor other Microsoft programsโ€ฆimage So, we could plug in our brand color and replicate it anywhere with easeโ€ฆit was simple to select a pre-defined color. The new setup in Airtable only lets the user select random custom colors like this Color 2

So, now its impossible to get consistency in the Block if I want headers to be standard blue and text to be dark blue, for example. There are no longer standard colorsโ€ฆ

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thanks for the clarification. Thatโ€™s definitely inconvenient. The best you can do for now is to write down the hex code thatโ€™s display next to the color after closing the picker, and manually enter that color when you want to reuse it again.

As thereโ€™s no real โ€œsolutionโ€ to this, and Iโ€™m guessing you (and probably others) would like the old color picker returned, Iโ€™ll move this thread into the Product Suggestions category so that others can share their own feedback and show support for an alternate color picker if they choose.

Brandon_Sturgil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks for the help!