Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automatically import bank transactions

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Derek_Clark
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I use Airtable to help manage my personal & business accounting needs (instead of a dedicated accounting software like Mint, QuickBooks, or Wave) because I have full customization of the platform.

The biggest trouble with using Airtable to track my finances is that I have to manually enter each โ€œtransaction.โ€ If Airtable used a 3rd party service like Yodlee to allow users to import their bank transactions automatically it would a very useful feature.

At that point, the only other feature Airtable would need to truly make it a fully customizable alternative to Mint or QuickBooks would be โ€œreporting toolsโ€ but somebody already made that feature request.

Other than the lack of reporting tools, The

19 Comments
Jonathan_Nemarg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For those of you that used Tiller, how did you get it to work with Zapier? Tiller prepends new entries and Zapier checks for new appended entries in Google Sheets.

Festival_Camper
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Was wondering about a similar idea, but perhaps the right solution would be for Yodlee to integrate with Zapier.

Kelly_Garvy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Late reply, but I also hooked up my tillerhq transactions to airtable through zapier, but having an issue and iโ€™m wondering how you solved it.

Zapier gets new rows from the bottom of the spreadsheet, but tillerhq adds new transactions to the top, so Iโ€™m just sending old transactions into my airtable. I asked tillerhq and they said that they dont have a way to change this sort, and it doesnโ€™t look like you can change where zapier gets the transactions from (or at least if you can I havenโ€™t figured it out).

How did you solve that?

Mendy_Schlanger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How did you get it from sheets with Zapier?

Tim_Roth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
Taylor_Facen
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I know this was posted awhile go, but just in case youโ€™re still looking for a solution, Finta syncs account balances and transactions straight into Airtable. Thereโ€™s no need to set up Zapier or Tiller. I would love it if you could check it out! https://finta.io

fintable
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I built Fintable to solve this exact problem! Fintable syncs bank transactions directly to Airtable - just paste in your Airtable API key on our dashboard, and connect your bank accounts via Plaid or Finicity (in the United States or Canada) or via TrueLayer (in the UK or Europe). See: https://fintable.io

Right now itโ€™s pretty bare bones - we just sync transactions and balances and leave the customization of the Airtable base up to you smart folks. Still, Iโ€™m looking for more templates and ideas of how to display the data in more useful ways.

I would love to hear more from you folks about your particular use cases, suggestions, etc. just shoot me a PM here or on Twitter. https://twitter.com/fintable_

Isa

KENNEDY_MUNGOLE
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello I want to transfer the money to my person account what can I Do?

jord8on
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™ve been using this tool from @Taylor_Facen and can vouch for it! This is exactly what we were looking for!! THANK YOU for creating this great service! :tada: