Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automatically import bank transactions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derek_Clark
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I use Airtable to help manage my personal & business accounting needs (instead of a dedicated accounting software like Mint, QuickBooks, or Wave) because I have full customization of the platform.

The biggest trouble with using Airtable to track my finances is that I have to manually enter each “transaction.” If Airtable used a 3rd party service like Yodlee to allow users to import their bank transactions automatically it would a very useful feature.

At that point, the only other feature Airtable would need to truly make it a fully customizable alternative to Mint or QuickBooks would be “reporting tools” but somebody already made that feature request.

Other than the lack of reporting tools, The

19 Comments
Tim_Roth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I pay 5/month for a service called tillerhq.com that imports all my transactions into a google sheet. From there I use zapier to get them into airtable.

Late reply, but hope it helps if you haven’t found a solution.

Derek_Clark
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Tim!

I’ll certainly check out tillerhq. I’ve been using the debit card from Square Cash recently to solve this problem (bc it allows you to get email/sms alerts which I can easily add to Airtable) but It sounds like tillerhq would make it easier to work with traditional banks. :thumbs_up:

jord8on
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @Tim_Roth et al,

I also stumbled upon TillerHQ from some other forum threads. I’m wondering if there are any other hacks out there to monitor bank transactions and use Zapier or IFTTT to automagically set up an active sync between bank transactions and airtable?

Tim_Roth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is the goal to automatically import bank transactions into airtable?

jord8on
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes that’s what I’m going for. I racked my brain for quite some time trying to find a some hack to make it work, for free.

Tim_Roth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

3 accounts/services or just 1-3?

If 1-3 and you insist on doing it for free, I’d just import the .csv from my bank at some predetermined frequency.

If >3, I spent a lot of time down this rabbit hole and would gladly pay $5/month from tiller to get that time back.

jord8on
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You know… that’s the impression I’ve been getting as well.

Just signed up ツ

John-Paul_Kerno
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Use Buxfer simple and easy

Derek_Clark
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I joined Tiller. I submitted a request that they add native support for Airtable (like they just did for MS Excel) so that we don’t have to mess with IFTTT or Zappier.

jord8on
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

If anyone is interested, here’s a pretty awesome hack to automate bank transactions and get them imported into Airtable: https://medium.com/@aixen/how-to-automate-expense-tracking-with-parser-75d35f34f31d

Thanks to Aixen!