Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban Cards Need To Be More Compact

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Kang1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am trying to convert from Asana to Airtable using Kanban cards. But the Kanban cards, even with the recent improvements hiding fields if they are empty, are still too chunky. Using a non Kanban view on Asana. I can see 15 tasks without having to scroll down, and their Kanban view will show around 5 tasks. But with Airtable, the cards are so huge, I can only see 2 or 3 cards before I have to scroll down.

If there was an option on each card to show a compact view or a standard view, it would greatly improve the usability of Kanban cards with airtable.

The compact view only needs to show the title, and if you want to see more of the card you can toggle the standard view.

This would greatly increase the usability and help me move everything off of Asana.

78 Comments
JavierGO
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Such a small request made a long time ago and such a disappointment.
I can’t bring some of my users from Trello into Airtable just because of this.

Street_ops
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I also very much needs this (in addition to multi-line text showing on the front of the cards). I want to switch my organization completely to Airtable from Trello, but right now the fronts of cards just aren’t dense enough to make it work.

Filik_Zhong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Quite dissapointed at Airtable’s Kanban view. Kanban is not even in the interface designer. It appears that Airtable is just suck at Kanban.

Justin_Salsbure
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same issue here - the kanban card titles get truncated SO short that kanban is unusable… Looks like this issue has been being raised for YEARS i see requests back to 2018…

Flavien_Bonnevi
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please consider taking thiese demands into your product roadmap. At least the fact of hiding the “Field name” and just display the values. It would cut-off by 50% the height of each card and make kanban display lighter in terms of redudant info.

Btw1001
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has this issue still not yet been solved? Is there a different way to help bump this up their product backlog?

Tim_Berezny

Yes Kanbans are completely unusable. Two things:

1. Make the titles smaller and WRAP PLEASE! it only fits 3-4 words

2. Don't show field titles on the cards.

simonbjo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The problem with Airtable Kanban is that all data fields must be arranged in rows!

My Kanban cards have several small data fields which could easily fit next to each other. This would save heaps of space.

Please make the Kanban board modifiable by layout, similar to how the "Form" designer works. 

Oh, and also: When you press your kanban card ("entering" the card), you probably want to show more info than what is shown on the card. But right now, any data that is hidden on the card is also hidden when entering the card. This is stupid, you should have a separate designer for what is shown when entering the card.