Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban grouping using link fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to use link fields for kanban stacks. It appears that only single select fields can be used, but I would like to use a grouping field that is a lookup to another table. As a simple example, I have a location field, which is a lookup field to another table, defining locations. I would like to use that as the grouping field in a kanban view. It looks as though the only option I have currently is to duplicate the field with a single select field, and then find a way to keep both in sync?

Many thanks for any help

Neil

118 Comments
Mike_O1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here too, I have large list of items that have associations with projects, would be nice to see all these items sorted into separate cards by project name.

Matt_Krausse
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for me. Why has this been requested for 6 years with no movement?

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Super useful idea. Yes please Airtable - close out 2022 with this much demanded feature (and improvements to Page Designer :grinning_face_with_sweat: )

Flavien_Bonnevi

Great missing features, please consider in product roadmap next release

Heidi_Anderson1

+1 !!! Why are we still waiting for this…for years?!
Pleeaaase bump this up on the roadmap.

I realize we’re dealing with linkages but it seems that pointers should be straightforward if perhaps this feature is limited to fields where linking to multiple records is not allowed.

Kanban is the quickest way in my experience to manually manage stages or queues, especially in facilitated group sessions. I have also found that Kanban is the easiest way for collaborators who are not savvy nor comfortable with grouped grid views to adopt and manage via the tool. (i.e. Kanban is more similar to tactile process systems). When time permits and the process use warrants, I have implemented some interfaces and automations, but we could have gained adoption much quicker if we could have simply employed a Kanban. It is critical to our team growth that airtable administrative time does not become a barrier.

Thank you for your consideration.

Alice_Feldman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature!

Houston_Llew
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes. This is a feature that would open up AirTable

Sam_Hancock

I’d love to see the ability in the iOS mobile app to stack kanban records by linked tables/records too. Seems I can do it on desktop but when I open the app on my phone the whole layout is different and I cannot customise it in the same way. So now I have two different interfaces for my data across devices.