Help
Base Design
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Conditional date field?

Hi All, New to this forum. I’d like if possible to set up a conditional date field. We have two fields Date field (which should not be empty) Checkbox field “Date not needed” If the date field is empty and the checkbox field is true then I’d like the...

Remote Data as source

I am building a new project where users will enter details about book titles and submit them for approval. The official list of titles lives in another database with a decent API and also contains some reference numbers and dates about the title that...

Creating a Parent/Child hierarchy

I am attempting to create grouping for a category of show seasons. Right now, colleagues can view shows by title, but a few shows have multiple seasons, so I would like the parent group to be the show title, with child tiles titled season 1, season 2...

Creating unique fields for each option in database

Hi everyone! I’m new to using Airtable and curious if anyone can help me out. We’re creating a database to register data from an archaeological excavation. During this excavation, we’ll come across different contexts, so in Airtable we have added the...

Ahoffeli by 4 - Data Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Glide performance plain data vs relations & look/roolups

Hello, I’m using Coupler to sync related and organized Airtable data to Google Sheets, on which my app is based. I’m wondering which approach is more performant: Sync all fields as plain data and thus increase the data set but avoid computation.Sync ...

Ricardo by 7 - App Architect
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Budget with sub and sub-sub categories

Hello, I am trying to work with three levels of categories that each have their own totals. This is the way they should work. The top category has a sum of all the sub- and sub-sub categories, the secondary level sums itself and the tertiary categori...

screenshot 1 screenshot3 screenshot2
KCP121 by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
Solved
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check box field text line gaps

Hello! I recently noticed that my check box field is improperly formatting my text. It is including lots of line gaps and I was wondering if there was a way to get this to format the text better? Here is an example of the issue. As you can see, the ...

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 12.26.57 PM

Resolved! A crash course in Airtable and I have questions

So, a co-worker is leaving our company and she’s set up some Airtable workspaces for her duties. I’ll be helping to train her replacement and am considering moving my collection of Google sheets over to Airtable at the same time. There are some stu...

Tod_Poirier by 4 - Data Explorer
Solved
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Recording Assignment %

Hello! I have 2 tables on my base: 1 - assignments 2 - resources The assignments table (1) allows users to inout a project and then select from a linked record of “name” in table 2 to assign a resource. They then input the % workload this project wil...