cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bethtipp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there Airtable Community!

I work at an indie movie theater, and we use airtable to keep track of print traffic as well as enter showtimes. I'm a complete beginner here, and would like to find a way to generate base showtimes for each theater screen a couple of months out. As of now, I'm individually duplicates posts and editing them and it's soul killing since we have two locations, 5 screens, with multiple showtimes. I've been told I can create formulas in excel, and the paste them into airtable, but I just can't see a way to do that clicking around. If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

2 Replies 2

You cannot create an Excel formula and paste it into Airtable. Although some simple Excel formulas resemble simple Airtable formulas, they are really two different languages.

There are various ways of creating records in bulk and copy/pasting information. For example, if you group by one field, and then paste a column of values into a different field in that grouping, you can create multiple records with a combination of values. You can also "drag down" field values to quickly fill records with the same values. However, if each record needs to have unique information, you are still stuck with manually editing values at some point. 

Ah I see. I guess I was told the wrong information. I unfortunately can't see how to paste bulk values into our calendar, I've definitely clicked around quite a bit. I'll probably have to have some remote help. Thank you for your response!