cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magnuson_Center
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am a new user and here is what I would like to have happen:

I have a contact list-when I add or change a contact, I want to obtain the city and state, based on zip code, from a google sheet sheet which contains all this desired information, and update the record in airtable with the city and state. Everything I find wants me to trigger from changes in google sheets and update google sheets. Does anyone know how I can lookup info from one(airtable) by looking for a match in the other (google sheets) and write back to fields into airtable?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Magnuson_Center_for!

If your Google Sheet is just a list of cities, states, and zip codes, you could potentially bring all of that information into its own table into Airtable. Then, you could link your contact zip codes to the other table in Airtable, and lookup the city & state.

However, the gigantic problem here is that there are almost 50,000 zip codes in the United States, and Airtable limits you to a maximum of 50,000 records in an ENTIRE base (in a Pro workspace).

So, if the only other way to do this would be to write your own custom Javascript scripts, or by using a low-code/no-code automation platform like Zapier or Integromat. (My personal preference is Integromat, because it’s easier to use and more powerful than Zapier.)

There are many people here whom you can hire to help you with this process, including myself if you want to go down the low-code/no-code path.