Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make share views and forms accessible to AA WCAG standards

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenna_Strahm1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I understand that Airtable is an incredibly complex application and making all of it meet WCAG standards for accessibility is a long/difficult process. As an educational institution, we are mostly limited by the SHARE and FORM options within Airtable. If there was a way to share gallery/table views and forms that were accessible it would quadruple our possible business use cases for Airtable. If we could post Airtable forms or shared views on our public websites it would significantly increase its usefulness. Without that, we can only use Airtable as a backend organizational tool for a small number of users. I realize there are workarounds for this with other applications but each application purchase includes an extensive budget, IT, and accessibility review, and adding additional tools just to make our outputs from Airtable accessible is a huge pain.

3 Comments
Laura_Schmidli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m currently facing the same predicament with Airtable. I also work at an educational institution. Airtable would be an amazing tool to use in public-facing websites, or even in student-facing assignments or projects. However, it seems to be inaccessible via a screen reader. As Jenna suggests, I can build alternatives with other tools, but this comes with a cost of time, effort, and licensing.

@Jenna_Strahm1, did you ever receive any response or additional information? Thanks!

Michael_Kruse

Same issue here, this is a limitation on how much we can use AT in large-scale, public facing ways...

stephanebezombe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Idem. Any hint ?